Senior Platform Engineer
Rightfoot believes that consumers have the right to permission their financial data in one click to access fair financial services, and that the process of permissioning should not require sharing bank username and passwords.
Rightfoot is building consumer-permissioned financial data, without requiring end customers to share their bank username and password. The power of this product is that it both decreases friction in the user experience, and increases financial access for consumers and small businesses.
Financial institutions leverage Rightfoot to increase conversion in the onboarding experience, seamlessly monitor customer accounts, screen for fraud, and more.
Rightfoot raised a $15M Series A to build the standard API connection for frictionless consumer-permissioned data, and is backed by top fintech VCs like Bain Capital Ventures and BoxGroup, as well as executives and founders of companies like Venmo, Block, Marqeta, Eventbrite, and more. Rightfoot was named a 2023 CB Insights’ Fintech 100, a 2023 Will Reed Top 100, and a 2021 Forbes Cloud 100 Rising Star.
Hey! Whaddaya think you’re doing?
As a Senior Engineer at Rightfoot you will be working with our existing engineers to design, build, test and deploy new features of our new Connect Magic platform.
What can you expect from a Senior Engineer role at Rightfoot:
- You will be using your amazing communication skills, collaborating with others, engaging your problem solving skills to help build the core functionality of our new platform
- You will engage with your startup mindset, not only identifying problems but suggesting solutions across the board
- You will act like an owner of Rightfoot and be able to make bold decisions in areas of ambiguity with minimal guidance from the team when necessary (but really, we’ve got your back!)
- You will constantly ship new things, you will make mistakes, you will learn and do it all over again.
- You will be continuously learning new technology, tools or techniques and advocating for and against them as necessary
- You will be a champion of security best practices
- You will f@#%ing break through walls!
What about you huh?
We’re looking for you to have some but not necessarily all of these skills. If you’re mostly a match, though, and you’re willing to learn the rest, we’d love to hear from you.
- You have 5+ years building backend services for SaaS platforms or similar
- You have 2+ years of Java experience
- You have worked in a Series-A startup or earlier.
- You’ve deployed services in Kubernetes or similar container infrastructure
- You are energized by the ability to wear many hats and make significant impacts on the technical direction of the company.
Bonus Points if you've got:
- Experience with Kafka or similar distributed event store and stream-processing platform.
- Experience with Spring framework
- Creating and consuming RESTful APIs
- Experience with Infrastructure as Code tools
- Fintech industry experience
- Large impact on a growing team
- Equity in a fast-growing startup
- Paid medical, dental, vision insurance (90% paid by Rightfoot for employees, 51% for dependents)
- Work from home monthly stipend
- Unlimited book expense
- 12 weeks paid family leave
- Student debt company contributions
- 401k plan
- Unlimited vacation days (and we require and encourage you to take it)
- A fun, quirky, and kind team