Furniture Designer III, Hard Goods
São Paulo, SP, Brazil
Posted on Thursday, January 18, 2024
Are you a self-starter with strong design skills, passion for all things product development, and a desire to grow your career at a fast-growing startup? If so, we’re looking for you!
Nestig is a venture-backed baby brand, bringing thoughtful design to the nursery. Product Development is essential to our mission, and we believe this is a key part of what sets us apart from the competition. We strive to offer top-of-the-line, sustainably-sourced products made from a family-owned Brazilian factory. As a member of the Product Development team, you will work closely with leadership and manufacturers to design our furniture lines.
As part of Nestig’s Product Development team and an early member of the company, you will have the opportunity to design our styles from the ground up. You will be reporting to the Head of Product Development and will be responsible for designing all products for our hard good lines, with consideration to Nestig’s values and creativity. You'll be a driving force in creating exceptional products for our customers (we’re talking cribs, shelves, beds, dressers, and beyond!).
This full-time position will be based out of our São Paulo office.
What You’ll Do
- Create new, exclusive furniture designs for Nestig’s Hard Goods lines, with consideration to industry trends and Nestig identity,
- Forecast trends in nursery, toddler, and kids furniture and general design, presenting new ideas and concepts to the team,
- Translate furniture ideas into AutoCAD designs / technical specs, inclusive of detailing information to share with suppliers for quotation and development,
- Serve as liaison between the business and suppliers, as it relates to product designs,
- Support the greater Product Development team through the sample production process, adjusting design/tech specs accordingly and assisting them in retrieving the best result for our products,
- Participate in site visits to Hard Goods suppliers to evaluate product sampling/development, discover factory resources, and prospect new opportunities for our product lines,
- Become an expert on all wood products to appropriately address questions from our suppliers / Product Development team, and
- Oversee and design our furniture manuals to ensure our customers experience a smooth assembly.
What You’ll Need
- 4+ years of furniture design, ideally with an early-stage, growth-oriented company
- AutoCad and 3D design proficient
- Basic knowledge on wood and furniture (best processes, materials, finishings, etc.)
- Must be able to work onsite in our São Paulo office three (3) days a week [Monday, Wednesday, Thursday], as well as additionally as needed
- Primary English communications skills, both verbal and written
- A passion for all things design — you like creating and exploring a desirable design language that will speak for our brand
- Comfort with the ambiguity of changing priorities, and the flexibility to embrace new ideas within a fast-paced environment
- Demonstrated ability to autonomously manage multiple assignments at once, while meeting deadlines and analyzing impact
- A willingness to roll up your sleeves and wear multiple hats
- Self-starter with a can-do, team-oriented attitude and ability to stay calm under pressure
Why You’ll Love Working Here!
- Twenty-one (21) business days of paid time off (PTO) per year, so you can take your well-earned rest & relaxation
- Flexible Work From Wherever (WFW) Policy — up to five (5) weeks of remote work each year
- Comprehensive medical insurance coverage via Alice for you and your loved ones
- Monthly wellness, phone/WiFi, and meal stipend
- One-time WFW stipend, so you are able to create a comfortable working environment at home
- Annual education stipend, because we are always learning
- Nestig discount, so you can treat you, your family & loved ones!
- Paid parental leave of sixteen (16) weeks after six (6) months of employment
Nestig is an equal opportunity employer, meaning that we do not discriminate based upon race, religion, national origin, gender identity, age, sexual orientation, or any other protected class. We believe that diversity is more than just good intentions, and we are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.