Senior Product Designer
New York, NY, USA
Posted on Thursday, May 11, 2023
Nestig is a venture-backed children’s furniture and decor brand, bringing delightful design to the nursery. Great marketing & design is essential to our mission, and we believe this is a key part of what sets us apart from the competition.
We’re looking for a dynamic Senior Product Designer to join our growing brand marketing team! This person will oversee the creation of a best in class frontend ecommerce experience; they’ll bring kindness and a positive, collaborative attitude to everything they do — no job is too big or too small. The Senior Product Designer will sit on our brand team under our Head of Brand Marketing, but work cross-functionally across all teams, as we continue to become the most delightful place to shop for the nursery.
This full-time position will be based out of our New York office.
What You’ll Do
- Create a best in class front end user experience that advances business goals, without sacrificing a delightful usability
- Design and present polished designs via wireframes and prototypes
- Help track effectiveness of the website through research and data collection
- Create beautiful, easy-to-use designs that translate seamlessly between desktop and mobile, ensuring brand consistency
- Partner across marketing, merchandising, and customer service teams to understand product and user needs and problems and identify creative solutions
- Work alongside engineers throughout the design process to ensure design feasibility
What You’ll Need
- 4+ years of product design, UI/UX design, visual design, or equivalent experience including 2-3 years in a consumer-facing product design role
- Proficiency in modern design and prototyping tools (Figma, FigJam, Adobe CC etc.)
- Ability to refine and iterate design concepts, pivoting quickly when needed
- A portfolio that shows a knowledge of and a passion for modern D2C e-commerce and how UI/UX drives brand affinity
- A comfortability with the unknown, and a desire to solve problems creatively
- A strong aesthetic point of view while being able to receive and apply feedback
- Confidence working both as a team and independently
- Comfort with the ambiguity of changing priorities, and the flexibility to embrace new ideas within a fast-paced environment
- Demonstrated ability to autonomously manage multiple assignments at once, while meeting deadlines
- A willingness to roll up your sleeves and wear multiple hats
- Self-starter with a can-do, team-oriented attitude and ability to stay calm under pressure
- Ability to embody and exercise Nestig's Core Values in all facets of the businessLegal authorization to work in the U.S.
Why You’ll Love Working Here!
- Comprehensive benefits, including medical, dental, and vision insurance for you and your loved ones
- Twenty-one (21) days of paid time off (PTO) per year, so you can take your well-earned R&R
- 401(k) plan with company match
- Flexible Work From Wherever (WFW) Policy — up to five (5) weeks of remote work
- Monthly wellness, IT, and commuter stipend
- WFW stipend, so you are able to create a comfortable working environment at home
- Annual education stipend, because we are always learning
- Nestig discount, so you can treat you, your family & loved ones!
- Paid parental leave of sixteen (16) weeks after six (6) months of employment
Nestig is an equal opportunity employer, meaning that we do not discriminate based upon race, religion, national origin, gender identity, age, sexual orientation, or any other protected class. We believe that diversity is more than just good intentions, and we are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
Disclaimer: The salary, other compensation, and benefits information is accurate as of the date of this posting. The Company reserves the right to modify this information at any time, subject to applicable law.
See more open positions at Nestig
Something looks off?