Director of Sales Development
Momence is a cutting-edge booking and communications platform for experience-based businesses, catering to yoga and pilates studios, gyms, dance schools, salons and spas, golf facilities, swim schools, and more. We empower thousands of businesses by facilitating scheduling and payments, streamlining communication, and automating their business backend. Our customer-facing Momence app is used by hundreds of thousands of customers monthly to book wellness experiences.
As a remote-first company backed by Y Combinator (Summer 2020), we are revolutionizing the experience economy by providing modern software solutions to an underserved industry.
About the Role
As the Director of Sales Development, reporting directly to our CEO and Founder, you will be instrumental in enhancing the effectiveness of our outbound initiatives and shaping the business development organization to advance our mission of revolutionizing the experience economy. This role requires an adept leader experienced in fostering collaboration, assembling high-impact teams, and scaling business development efforts. Your responsibilities include leading a motivated team of SDRs and SDR Managers, driving them to achieve individual, team, and organizational quotas.
What You Will Do
- Collaborate closely with the CEO to strategize, refine, and execute business development processes, emphasizing market expansion, strategic account management, and revenue growth.
- Develop and execute a comprehensive sales development strategy to achieve lead generation and revenue goals.
- Provide visionary leadership to the global sales development organization, fostering a culture of excellence and continuous improvement.
- Set clear performance expectations, monitor progress, and offer coaching and feedback for professional development.
- Oversee the development and execution of outbound prospecting and lead generation campaigns, ensuring a robust sales pipeline.
- Collaborate with marketing to align sales and marketing strategies, improving overall synergy.
- Utilize data and analytics to identify opportunities for process optimization and lead generation improvement.
- 5+ years proven track record of success in managing and leading high-performing SDR teams and SDR Managers in SaaS.
- Consistent track record of exceeding pipeline quota expectations.
- Expertise in developing quota frameworks and motivating compensation plans.
- Deep understanding of outbound prospecting and account-based marketing in the SaaS space.
- Proven analytical skills and effective communication with teams.
- Cross-functional collaboration experience with pipeline stakeholders.
- Enthusiasm for championing a unique product reshaping the experience economy landscape.
- Experience in working in a rapidly growing and ambiguous environment where problem-solving and ownership are critical to success.
- You’re a leader who is passionate about continuous learning and development to help build out a vision for taking our SDR org to the next level.
- You’ve been a part of and scaling at high-growth startups before and know how to navigate and take ownership through ambiguity and change.
- You have a deep understanding of outbound prospecting methodology in all market segments, including account based marketing strategies in the SMB SaaS space.
What We Offer
- Excellent medical, dental, and vision benefits.
- Home office equipment - we’ll provide you with equipment as needed.
- Flexible vacation policy - we encourage you to take time for yourself, whether it be a vacation, mental wellness day, etc.
All offers are contingent upon the successful completion of a background check.
At Momence, we celebrate diversity and strive to create an inclusive environment where there is respect, regardless of your background or identity. We are committed to being an equal opportunity employer and welcome you as you are.