Finance Partner (Controller)
Momence is a next-gen booking and communications platform for experience-based businesses, such as a yoga and pilates studios, gyms, dance schools, salons and spas, golf facilities, swim schools, etc. We help thousands of businesses with scheduling and payments, communication, and automation of their business backend. We also have a customer-facing Momence app, where hundreds of thousands of customers book their wellness experiences every month.
As a remote-first company backed by Y Combinator (Summer 2020), we are revolutionizing the experience economy by providing modern software solutions to an underserved industry.
About the role
As a Finance Partner for Momence you will have significant influence in how we build and deliver game-changing software to the experience economy. This first in seat role will collaborate closely with company leadership and manage all financial aspects of the company. Setting standards for financial systems and processes, you will oversee accounting operations including reporting, risk and cash flow management, as well as compliance. Our cross-functional teams work closely together and this role will provide financial insight that guides strategy impacting multiple teams and organizations.
What You Will Do
- Own and oversee Financial Planning and Analysis (FP&A); developing and managing budgeting, forecasting and variance analysis.
- Be primarily responsible for financial reporting, internal controls and compliance. You’ll prepare accurate and timely financial statements for regulatory and investment purposes, ensuring compliance with accounting principles and financial reporting standards.
- Manage cash flow, monitoring and optimizing liquidity to support business operations as well as implementing practices that maintain and extend our financial runway.
- Identify and assess financial risks and guiding strategies to mitigate and manage risks at a company level.
- Play a primary role in leading Finance as a function at Momence, growing a practice from the ground up, driving documentation, best practices, and training initiatives as it relates to your organization.
- Manage our accounting tools and relationships with third-party tax consultants and audit firms.
- Work closely with our founders, investors and leadership teams on company strategy across varying aspects of the business.
- Bachelor's degree in Finance, Accounting, Business Administration, or related field; Master's degree or CPA preferred.
- Seven or more years of experience including time in a senior financial role (e.g., Finance Manager, Controller).
- Strong understanding of financial principles, accounting standards, and financial regulations.
- Proficiency in financial software and MS Office, particularly Excel.
- Excellent leadership skills, analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- You’ve played a critical role on a finance team through raising venture equity or initiating a public listing for an early to late stage technical company.
- You have experience collaborating with company leadership, including the Board of Directors.
- You have experience in reporting and documentation, both for internal and regulatory purposes.
- Ten or more years of experience, including time in a senior financial role (e.g., Finance Manager, Controller) at an early stage startup.You’ve led a finance team through a venture equity funding round or public listing for an early to late stage technical company.
- You have experience in long term planning at a company level, advising on strategy including go-to-market, staffing, and technical decisions.
- You’ve worked in an ambiguous environment where problem solving and ownership are critical to success: you bring your own scope.
What We Offer
- Excellent medical, dental and vision benefits.
- Home office equipment - we’ll provide you with equipment as needed.
- Flexible vacation policy - we encourage you to take time for yourself, whether it be a vacation, mental wellness day, etc.
At Momence, we celebrate diversity and strive to create an inclusive environment where there is respect, regardless of your background or identity. We are committed to being an equal opportunity employer.