Financial Analyst - Spain
IT, Accounting & Finance
Posted on Thursday, April 22, 2021
Capchase is the growth partner for ambitious software-as-a service (SaaS) companies. Our mission is to help founders grow their businesses faster through non-dilutive capital, market insights and community support. To carry out this mission, we've received $700M+ in funding from some of the best VCs in the space like 01A Advisors (BrightHire, Master Class), Bling Capital (Airtable, Gitlab, Lyft, Square), SciFI (Stripe, Brex), Caffeinated (OpenDoor, Airtable) and QED (Nubank, Klarna).
In a little over three years, we’ve provided billions in funding to thousands of companies, expanded operations to ten countries in the US and Europe, and grown our team from four co-founders in May 2020 to 120 Capchasers today.
Since our launch in 2020, we’ve achieved several milestones:
➡ 4K+ companies registered
🏃 5,000 plus months additional runway generated
🙌 Over 120 Capchasers working across 14 cities around the world representing over 20 nationalities
🌎 10 countries in which we operate
📈 250% annual company growth
👫 Built an awesome culture.�
We are looking for a talented and motivated Financial Analyst to continue building the world's best fintech risk team. As a Financial Analyst, you will take full responsibility for assessing the risk of SaaS companies of every shape and size. The final advance decision will be mainly dictated by the output of your analysis. You will continuously contribute to the general underwriting process by suggesting specific improvements to the Tech and Underwriting teams. In this position, you will be exposed to numerous and innovative ways of assessing risk that allow us to minimize default rates and underwriting time.
You'll work alongside exceptional professionals and very close to the founding team. The Risk team at Capchase is responsible for underwriting, pricing and portfolio monitoring while being supported by an incredibly talented Data Science team.
🚀 THE JOB
- You will be a critical part of the risk team at Capchase. Tired of being a sheep in the flock? Well, as Morpheus put it in Matrix - it's time to choose which pill you want to take - the red or the blue one.
- We will rely on you to thoroughly assess the credit risk of SaaS companies by analysing their financial health and preparing insightful memos for credit committee approval. You'll have to go the extra mile to make sure we didn't miss anything along the way.
- You will come up with alternative, less orthodox ways of looking at risk, that allow us to underwrite faster and more accurately. Consistent and structured approaches shouldn't necessarily be at odds with thinking outside the box. We want you to be critical.
- You will work closely with the Data Science team to automate manual underwriting processes and to test out new hypotheses. No one is good at everything - we get it. So we're putting technical firepower at your disposal so we can streamline processes together.
- You will collaborate with the Growth team bringing the learnings from the underwriting process to drive origination within our risk appetite. Unlike other organizations, the growth and risk teams at Capchase are not pulling in opposite directions.
- Your contribution to the underwriting process will act as a key input for the senior management team to make strategic customer and portfolio decisions. Why would we hire the cream of the crop and then tell people how to do their job?
🧠 The Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant subject (Finance, Accounting, Engineering, Mathematics/Physics, Business, etc.).
- You know financial statements inside out.
- At least 2 years of relevant experience at a FinTech risk/credit team, rating agency, Big 4 firm, or the credit risk team of an asset manager/credit fund/hedge fund.
- Extremely eager to learn and to constantly improve the underwriting process.
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills.
- Mastery of Excel and other spreadsheet tools.
💡 Extra Credit
- Experience analyzing SaaS companies (at a VC).
- Familiarity with SaaS metrics and business model.
- CFA or CPA certified.
- Experience in relevant coding languages like SQL or Python.
📊 Useful info
- We have offices in downtown Madrid or you can work remotely if you prefer.
- 100% remote if you wish so (not that there is much of a choice these days 😅).
- Stock options – we want everyone to be a part of the company.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.